Filming in Namibia




Permission to film in Namibia may be obtained through your local film service provider (recommended), or the following forms need to be completed (forms available for download at the bottom of this page):


  1. Application form "Filming Permit in Namibia"

  2. Any commercial filming or photography in Namibia needs to direct a request to the Namibian Film Commission three weeks before arrival by completing an application form and fax it to the Commission. An administrative fee of N$ 500 is payable to the Namibian Film Commission.

  3. Application form for temporary work permit from the Ministry of Home Affairs, can also be done through your local service provider

  4. All foreign crews working in Namibia must have valid temporary work permits to work on a film set in Namibia, even if it is for only one day.


Filming in National Parks


Application for the creation of visual, audio or audio visual recordings and professional photography in national parks from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and once again your local service provider can facilitate this process.


Filming of Minority Groups


Application for permission to film or photograph minority groups should be obtained from Legal Assistance Center (

Completion of Film Project


  1. Location Production Expenditure Report

       All film production companies are requested to complete a Location Production            Expenditure Report after completion of filming. The report serves the Film                    Commission as feedback and support.


    2. Two edited copies of the finished product for archives

        For record purposes two copies of the finished product should to be provided to           the Namibia Film Commission.


Bank Details


Account name: Namibia Film Commission Secretariat

Bank name: First National Bank Namibia

Account number: 62086706515

Branch: Windhoek Commercial Suite

Branch code: 281-927

Swift code: FIRNNANX


Tax and Financial Implications


  1. VAT charge on most goods and services procured in Namibia can be claimed back. Your local service provider will assist.

  2. Film production or photography companies should obtain an ATA Carnet for their filming equipment before departure from country of residence.


For more information, check the Namibia Film Commission website:




Filming Permit form(FP-1/1)

Temporary Work Visa form(TW-1/1)

Location Production Expenditure Report form(FP-1/3)

Ministry of Tourism Application Form(FP-1/4)

Namibia High Commission Accra Ghana Visa

High Commission of the Republic of Namibia

21 Nortei-Ababio Street, Airport Residential Area.


+233(0)30 2799764/5

+233(0)30 278 8438

Namibia High Commission Accra Ghana Visa